Across from us was a young man, maybe 12 or 13 sitting with his family. He seemed like a typical teen boy and was cutting up; which caused mom to admonish him and dad to grin delightfully. When their food was brought to the table, the server also placed bottles of ketchup and Tabasco for their use. The young boy took the top off the Tabasco, put it to his lips and took a swig! Mom was digusted and dad actually started giggling. Just the effect he was hoping for, I'm sure!
Of course I had an entirely different thought - OMG! What if someone had done the same thing thing to the Tabasco bottle we had just applied to our breakfast plates?!? GROSS, GROSS, GROSS!
A couple of years ago we had a similar experience with a ketchup bottle in a restaraunt. A man at a nearby table was having difficulty getting the ketchup to flow out. So he poured a bit a water from his water glass into the ketchup and shook it up! Something we all do at home but...
IN A PUBLIC EATERY?!?
Um, um, makes you want to go out for a meal right now, doesn't it? Aren't you glad I shared this random thought....
I am so glad that I did not see it....this is why I am happy that we don't eat out much!
ReplyDeleteI used to love Wendy's chili - until the 'thumb' incident. Haven't eaten there since. Of course, what you describe above could not be known by a new dining party so it is the more scary. I try to order something that requires minimal pre-cooking preparation, and then apply only salt and pepper to the serving.
ReplyDelete